Friday, May 1, 2009

Gone Fishin'

Spring is in the air!  Flowers and trees are blossoming (aaaahhhhchoooo!), robins are everywhere, people are itching to go outdoors and enjoy the weather.  As such, I have some friends who like to “fish.”  Standing on the bank of the river or lake isn’t working so well for these friends the past few seasons.  So, I told a few friends about a “boat” they may use for fishing.  I heard about the boat from a friend of a friend.  This friend of a friend has made other great recommendations in the past on things like books and restaurants…so, there was a high likelihood, the boat was a good recommendation as well. 

Three friends, in particular,  I expected to take immediate action, didn’t do so, for whatever reason(s).  Another friend, unexpectedly went so far as to check it out and move forward.  Furthermore, I was invited to join her in a fishing expedition in this “boat. “

Alright, enough with the analogy…my friend coaxed (not against my will mind you) to join a dating website.  Admittedly, I did it begrudgingly while I was on the phone with her.  Numerous times I almost stopped and/or deleted the file, but listened to her words of encouragement (some might also refer to as sarcasm at times…God love her!) as I hammered out a profile on a computer screen.

Today is day number two and someone tugged on my line yesterday (on day one)….hhmmmm?!  Let’s be clear…I am not looking for a husband on a dating website!  My personal perspective on internet dating sites is they are a vehicle (maybe a boat with a motor, and sleeping quarters, oops…I am digressing) to meet people with similar likes/dislikes/styles/values etc.  in a far more controlled and passive environment (in theory anyway).  And, what if in this crazy world where there are not enough hours in the day, I met some people who I occasionally got out and had some “mommy time” with - why not?!

So, I am enjoying the calm waters as the boat is ever so slightly ebbing and flowing with the waves.  Don’t know if I’ll catch anything (might have to throw it back), but plan to enjoy the process.   If any future blog entries are created related to my fishing adventures, rest assured the names will be omitted or changed…you never know.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment