I find this most curious as I am pretty clear in my profile:
"I 'm looking for a man who is happy. He is not looking for a woman to fill a void. He is already happy and doesn't "need" a woman. He genuinely wants a "partner" - we'd operate as a team, leveraging each other's strengths, being stronger together than we are separate. He must have a sense of humor - make me laugh, allow me to be silly and occasionally join in on silly fun - or initiate the silly fun. He has a creative side he is willing and able to express. He can respectfully relate to all people at all levels - young, curious children, adults, the elderly, different cultures, religions, and backgrounds, etc. He willingly helps and assists others, on the job, personal life, or greater good; he has a sense of giving back - social responsibility. He is confident and secure, but has a sense of humility. He is generous, has a giving heart, but doesn't let people take advantage of him or his loved ones. He can make my toes curl. He has multiple interests/hobbies unique to him, but may be willing to share them or teach them to/with loved ones. This positive man loves, appreciates, and respects nature, is playful, adventurous, honest and moral; he has an internal awareness of what is good, right, decent, and ethical. He is a thinker, intelligent, but not egotistical - he can stimulate my mind. He encourages and supports me - accepts me for who I am and who I am not; someone who expects to find imperfections and would have me no other way. He is willing and able to push back on me and make me see things differently when appropriate. He is someone who won't be afraid to argue with me, and say he is sorry if he is wrong; someone who will accept my apology when I am wrong, which may be often. At the end of any given day, he makes the good times better and the hard times easier....as I would strive to be and do all this and more for a life long partner and lover."
Yep, there you have it...me being a bit winded and verbose (if you know me, does that level of detail surprise you?). All that said - did I, or did I not, explain what I "want?" No really, if you think I am unclear I am open to feedback.
So, as a mild venting session, this parochial poem is for the fish...and truly - as always - thanks for reading!
~ Kelley
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What do you want?" he often asks.
But they're just words with no tangible acts.
When he asks, does he want to know?
Or does he ask as part of the show?
Because he asks doesn't mean he cares.
It's his actions to watch and the fruit his tree bares -
Trees with roots, grounded and strong;
Trees with hearts, who apologize when wrong.
So why does this man ask what I want?
Perhaps his deeds, character, and words taunt?
No. I have yet to be taunted, supposedly wanted.
It is his want that drives the inquiry.
His desires make him hurry -
Hurry to be what he thinks I want him to be.
I want him him be true to himself, before true to me
In his actions and words - consistency.
"What do you want?" he asks again.
A man who is true to himself, his God, his loved ones, - and then...
Only then, will I think you're "real."
Until then - No Deal!
No comments:
Post a Comment