Nevertheless, job search continues to have its ups and downs. As some may know, there is/was (hint, hint) a particular HR leadership role with a Louisville-based company that really excited me for so many reasons.
Depending on your perspective, the story has a happy ending. Today, I won a silver medal!
As I sat there listening to the corporate recruiter tell me how impressive my skills are, how much the team really liked me....and how come they went with a different candidate, I looked over in a drawer and saw a book mark. It had a poem on it.
The top of the book mark's large, bold font read, "You Are One of the Strongest Women I Know." I reached over to grab the bookmark as I continued on with my niceties with the recruiter and graciously ended the call.
Strong women are those
who know the road
ahead will be strewn
with obstacles, but they
still choose to walk it
because it's the right
one for them.
Strong women are those
who make mistakes, who
admit to them, learn
from those failures, and
then use that knowledge.
They fail time and again,
but still keep trying until
they succeed.
Strong women face the
daily trials of life,
sometimes with a tear,
but always with
their heads held high as the
new day dawns.
~ Brenda Hager
So, as my new day dawns, I don't feel like I failed. After all, everyone doesn't win a silver medal...right?
No comments:
Post a Comment