Wednesday, May 6, 2009

You Are My Sunshine...


...my only sunshine.  You make me happy when skies are grey.  You'll never know dear, how much I love you.  Please don't take my sunshine away.

Yep, temperatures are warming up here in beautiful Colorado (supposed to be 80 degrees today); and so is mine ~ moving beyond my reported lukewarm temperature yesterday.  

Yesterday I was in a funk...I don't get in a funk often, but was funkin' yesterday.  So, how did I de-funk?  Well, for me, music is medicine.  Listened to a lot of it yesterday.  The other truth is, there are about five people in my life that NO MATTER what, seem to help move that dial, or increase the temp on the thermometer when things are so-so or lukewarm (even when I don't think they can or will....they make a difference, with little to no effort).  Last but not least is the sunshine.  Over the past few years I have learned so much about myself (good and bad), but definitely know, being out in nature is incredibly therapeutic

I had a few notes and calls from those amazing, loving, caring, people in my life.  I reflected on and cherished the fact that today, I could take Elijah to a beautiful park in minutes on a random Tuesday afternoon...what a playground!

So, thank goodness for music, loved ones, and open space!  Rays of sunshine come in all different packages.  I am one blessed person!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Breathe-taking. Both the view from your lens and shining from your soul. I hope that those funky days stay far and few between. Lately I seem to live in them except for 1 or 2 hours through out the day. I never thought I would but I also know that it will not last forever. Sunshine will prevail.

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete