Sunday, May 17, 2009

Elijah Excerpts: The Missing "Tool"

Like many people, my weekends are sprinkled with the occasional chores, errands, and house cleaning.  This beautiful Sunday, I was getting to some chores/housecleaning that I had been putting off. 

As an example, by our back door, I have a slew of bags that need to be put away.  Elijah's toy bag/backpack (the one with ready-made snacks and toys if we're going to an adult's house) and his school tote bag don't need to be at the door ready to go every day.  With soccer season over, it was time to empty the weekly soccer bag, put things away, etc.  Likewise, I had a multi-purpose black leather bag I use for travel, business, and personal   - I call it "Old Faithful."  I have had that bag for at least 10 years...the stories it could tell if it could talk.

As I was ensuring there wasn't anything in Old Faithful before storing the seasoned bag in the closet, I found the oddest thing in there - a pizza cutter.  Hhhmmmm - curious, but not so curious.  I do have a four year old who can turn anything into a superhero tool, part of a fort, or some other something I have yet to blissfully experience.  

The sad part of this excerpt is the timing.  We don't eat pizza often, but I can assure the last two times I went to the look for the pizza cutter, it was MIA.  Foolishly, I did not look inside Old Faithful.  After all, I did say I use the bag for everything (just not all the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment