"Would you like to make a card for Gram?" Elijah had a blank look on his face. Then, a huge smile emerged and he said, "I know mommy! We can make her something so she doesn't have to do anything."
What in the world does that mean? I didn't say that outloud...instead, "Ok. Like what..." "A ROBOT! A robot that will do things for her!" That sounded cool to me, but let's be real, shouldn't I be on the list to get one of those too? As a variety of thoughts and comebacks were spinning through my head I said, "That sounds great, but I don't know how to make a robot. Do you?"
Now that Elijah had come up with this idea, he had a sense of peace come over him. As he pulled the covers over him he said, "All we need are blue prints." Yes, Kelley! What were you thinking?! "hhhmmmm....ok...where do we find robot blue prints?" "On the computer silly!" Really, Kelley- note to self - get with the program! As Elijah laid his head on the pillow in a relaxed paternal-like voice he said, "I will help you look for them on the computer tomorrow. Ok, mommy?" What do you say to that? My reply, "Ok honey."
I remembered some of the great gift ideas I had given my parents when I was little. I remember hand-made gifts and an occasional store purchase. In either case, they were typically things I really liked (the most memorable was when I got slime - yes slime - for my dad...I loved that gift - maybe I'll get slime for Mothers Day....awesome).
So, Elijah has a plan. We'll see how it plays out over the next few days and weeks. His ideas are big and bold...and I love that about him.
P.S. to Gram - if you're reading this before Mothers Day....act surprised if you get a homemade robot.
No comments:
Post a Comment