Yes, more inspiration from my friend. During one of our communications, I asked a question. At the time I asked, I wondered, 'should I ask?' I thought maybe I should know the answer. To provide more background, a word came up that I don't know that I have ever heard/read. I thought I knew the meaning of the word based on the context of the conversation, but I wasn't 110% sure. So....I asked, what does that mean?
My friend gladly explained the meaning...which, low and behold, is what I would have guessed, but - it would have been a guess. So, why not ask?! Do you know how many children and adults don't ask questions because they don't want to look stupid, ignorant, unengaged, desperate, or whatever? Are you one of those people. For the most part, I am not. I even tell my son, "mommy doesn't know everything, but we can go to the library and get a book, or look it up on line." There is not a week that goes by that I don't say that phrase to my curious 4-year old.
As a result, truly, I have learned so much since I became a parent. I love it! One of the other things I have learned is to directly and indirectly instill that mentality in my little one. There is a a children's entertainer we have recently discovered, although he has been around for quite some time - Bill Harley...love him!
One of Mr. Harley's songs from his I Wanna Play CD is, "You’ve Got to Ask." The chorus goes:
"You've got to ask
If you don’t know
You’ve got to ask
That’s how you grow
If you’re not sure
Don’t be concerned
Go on and ask
That’s how you learn"
Brilliant, just brilliant. If you want to read the songs lyrics in its entirety or hear more, click this link http://www.billharley.com/lyrics.asp?SongID=447.
So ask more, learn more, and grow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment