Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thank Goodness for Better Times

Reflection is an amazing thing. It can be so therapeutic. We all know the saying, "Life is a journey." If you've lived long enough, you know that some of the pit stops along the way aren't so pretty. Some are down right awful.

On a lighter note, those ugly times and experiences in each of our journeys remind us how incredibly resilient we are....sounds more cliche to say, how resilient humans are....Below are some words that describe one of my ugly pit stops along my journey.


Since that pit stop, many others have been ok, good, and even great. Nevertheless, as I said, reflection can be therapeutic.

As always, thanks for reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

California Despair
I can’t move. I am stuck.
I am paralyzed - trying not to self-destruct.
Who can help me when I can’t help myself?
My sanity is bankrupt. I have no wealth.
Am I insane or just lost?
I’m trying to hold on, but at what cost?
I don’t think I can do this on my own.
I need help, but I am so alone.
I’m alone, on my own.
I cry, but it doesn’t help.
Hold it together, so no one can tell.
Try, just try so it will pass.
But the truth is it lasts and lasts.
I can’t see an end.
Don’t break, only bend.
I can do this – I’ll just keep trying
Even if that means I end up dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment