Sunday, April 26, 2009

Update From A Soccer Mom...

...a what?  Did somebody say, "soccer mom?!"  YEP!

I have been called a lot of things in my life, but the idea of being called a soccer mom never crossed my mind.  While I am not sure how I would have described a "soccer mom" before I wore the label, I gladly wear the label today.

I am enjoying watching and helping Elijah through his first team sport experience.  It is a riot to watch a bunch of three and four year olds on a soccer field.  Really!  Good, clean, cheap entertainment - full of laughs.

Elijah belongs to the Colorado Ice league and today was a makeup day/game from the spring storm a little over a week ago.  Despite the fact that today was gorgeous and mild 60s, by 4pm, the cold rain was starting to blow into the city.

I am not sure if the Green Geckos won today because most parents (except for the die hards who were pushing their kids pretty hard) were inclined to call the game early.  Typically we play two 12 minute halves.  The parents of the Green Geckos (Elijah's team) recommended we play two 10 minute halves.  The other team's coach (Yellow ?) puffed out his chest and shouted, "We're here to play soccer!"  To which most of us "soccer parents" gave him a blank stare while a few choice words were internally mumbled since young ears were present.  

That said, three games into the season, I am proud to report that Elijah is enjoying soccer...but enjoys warmer weather during games.  We'll see if warmer weather during future games is a direct connection to more goals scored by the star kicker or the entire Gecko Gang.

Last but not least, I am proud to be Elijah's soccer mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment