Changing careers, Battling an illness, Giving up a vice, Starting a new business, Embarking on parenthood, Laid off, Leaving home, Losing something or someone you love, Learning a new language, instrument, or skill, Attending a new school or going back to school, Relocating to a new city, state, or country, Rediscovering who you are, Balancing parenthood, family, and work, Starting a new job, Supporting a loved one who is experiencing a life changing event…
…whatever challenges may lie ahead, the “php formula” may be helpful.
I am so thankful to have wise, loving, caring people in my life. I appreciate one particularly wise woman for sharing her php formula with me. It is easy to remember and visualize.
When I think of the php formula, I am easily reminded, I can do this. Whatever the “this” is this week, season, year, decade, or lifetime…not only can I do this….I choose to do this!
As a reference, I captured the www.dictionary.com definitions of the words that make up the simple yet meaningful formula.
pa⋅tience
[pey-shuh
–noun
| 1. | the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like. |
| 2. | an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with a slow learner. |
| 3. | quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence: to work with patience. Synonyms: hu⋅mil⋅i⋅ty [hyoo-mil-i-tee or, often, yoo-] –noun
Synonyms: Antonyms: per⋅se⋅ver⋅ance [pur-suh-veer-uh –noun
elated forms: per⋅se⋅ver⋅ant, adjective 1. doggedness, steadfastness. Perseverance, persistence,tenacity, pertinacity imply resolute and unyielding holding on in following a course of action. Perseverance commonly suggests activity maintained in spite of difficulties or steadfast and long-continued application: Endurance and perseverance combined to win in the end. It is regularly used in a favorable sense.Persistence, which may be used in either a favorable or an unfavorable sense, implies unremitting (and sometimes annoying) perseverance: persistence in a belief; persistence in talking when others wish to study. Tenacity, with the original meaning of adhesiveness, as of glue, is a dogged and determined holding on. Whether used literally or figuratively it has favorable implications: a bulldog quality of tenacity; the tenacity of one's memory. Pertinacity, unlike its related word, is used chiefly in an unfavorable sense, that of over insistent tenacity: the pertinacity of the social climber. Whatever opportunities life brings you on your individual journey, feel free to add the php formula to your repertoire and tool kit. Sometimes, you never know which tool, formula, or resource will help you get the job done. So, consider adding one more elementary, powerful option to your arsenal. |
Thanks for sending this to me Kelley every bit of advice is always helpful.
ReplyDelete