Monday, June 1, 2009

the perception of true love

 

I looked for you, as young girls often do.

The fairy tales and wishing stars,

Waiting for you to woo.

I looked for you in a variety of men.

From little girl’s daddy to young woman’s boyfriend -

My swollen heart was merely on lend.

I once looked for you to complete me

Because love takes two

Despite the foretold difficulties.

I no longer eagerly look; I’ve moved on.

Not aimlessly searching or filling a void

In life’s “game,” I am a Queen, not a pawn.

Living life, learning, growing, enjoying what I do,

Knowing nothing is impossible,

While the smell and taste of hope and anticipation ensue.

I suspect our destined paths may one day cross

As I boldly choose my individual path,

Versus yearning for the crossroads, at a loss.

Until that momentous time and place

Genuine True Love

Is an idea I still graciously embrace.

Striving for love to radiate from me at all times

In all of my relationships

Fulfilled beyond poetic rhymes.

Deserving of love, receiving it in abundance,

A multitude of meaningful sources,

My aching soul no longer hopelessly hunts.

The more I love, the more love enters my life.

Every day and every way, better and better ~

Doesn’t mean the “end game” is as someone’s wife.

Like so many things in life, true love is no exception

It is what you make it-

Your reality is your perception.  


No comments:

Post a Comment