Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Current State


"A picture is worth a thousand words!"

Alas, I have conquered the first two weeks of my latest transition. I started a new job, in a new company, in an unfamiliar area, l-o-n-g working days, hired a new nanny, handled automobile issues, baby's daddy drama, and the usual day in and day out nuances that come with good clean, living as a single working parent, sister, daughter, cousin, friend, and employee.

Wheh! Next on the list is a mini-get-away to California to visit our pseudo family - some of the wonderful friends we made during our three-plus years in the South Bay. In addition to trying to decompress this weekend, I am gearing up for travel this week. While at a mall today, Elijah and I took a picture in one of those tiny photo booths....wow!

No matter the smile, sometimes you just can't hide the "tiredness." I could argue that the picture quality is poor, or that I have on no makeup; but the truth is, Elijah looks as happy, rested, and down right "cute as a button." So, the current state is - I am happy. I am grateful. I am loved. I am healthy. I am enjoying time with friends and family. I am blessed with an abundant life!

...even if I am tired (she said in a monotone voice in between the yawns).

I am reminded of my friend(s) who:
  • continue to lose their jobs;
  • have a severe illness;
  • have a spouse with a deteriorating health condition;
  • didn't have a father to spend time with or call during Fathers Day;
  • has a child just diagnosed with autism;
  • who don't know if they can pay their mortgage from month-to-month;
  • have family members away at war;
  • have a baby who needs significant surgery;
  • need health insurance and can't get any coverage; and
  • the list goes on.

So, while my current state is largely colored by a state of 'tiredness,' I will gladly adorn my dark, puffy circles as a badge of glory. Life is good.

Again - thanks for reading our odds and ends on any given day.

~Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment