My fingertips on my left hand are extended, gently resting on my chest. Next, I hold my chest and try…and try again. I breathe through my mouth, just enough to feel like I can swallow the empty air, visually forcing it into my lungs. It is not enough.
I stop and focus. “Think Kelley, think. Focus.” With my mouth closed, I consciously think about it. I imagine the air in my diaphragm slowly climbing to the crown of my body until there is nothing else to inhale, slowly exhaling through my nose. My shoulders relax. Oh, it is a little better…thank goodness. I couldn't breathe. Maybe I should do that a couple of times. Aw, yes! Better!
I started a new chapter in my career earlier this week. Sunday night, I couldn't sleep. I was exhausted! My eyes burned, even when I closed them. Eventually, I fell asleep (maybe around 1AM Monday; only to wake up at 5:00AM.
No comments:
Post a Comment