Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Another Poem for Me

The rain symbolizes so many tangible and elusive things to me.  At a minimum, I find the rain to be sensual, nurturing, and cleansing.  I speculate the weather is somewhat influencing my current blog entries with poems about growth, transition, and cleansing (such as today’s entry). 


Cleansing and Closure

I must confess I’m in denial.

I thought these feeling would pass after a while.

I am disappointed and can’t articulate why.

Neither one of us has to explain or justify.

Sometimes I feel like you really tried

Other times I wonder if you simply lied.

If you truly felt the way you said

Could you erase me from your life as if I were dead?

That’s how your actions made me feel

Like the time we had wasn’t real.

Intentional or not, that was the result.

Hurt feelings like a child, instead of an adult.

I said it before and I’ll say it again

I have no regrets, up to the very end.

You are an extraordinary person I’m glad to have known.

A part of me is sad that I chose to be alone.

There was no one else I replaced you with

I am insatiable searching for a possible myth.

You did not betray me; you were true to yourself.

I search for the man who can stand strong when there is no one else ~

Beside me without shrinking or hiding in triumph or despair,

No matter the void or bounty, “he” is always there.

As I rinse the spots of hurt from my heart

I close this chapter and transition to the next part.

Ideally there are lessons I learned on this phase of my journey

To ready me for the new opportunity.

Thank you for those lessons I recognize and those that I will

Wishing us both peace and love, as our separate destinies are fulfilled.  


No comments:

Post a Comment