Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Parents Day

Fathers Day weekend was great for so many obvious reasons and some not-so-obvious reasons, completely unrelated to Fathers Day. Nevertheless, I am reminded I will always have a choice as to how I express any less than positive emotions as I strive to be a positive, loving, supportive parent for a four-year old boy with the whole world in front of him.

The following words helped me release some of my frustrations yesterday.

Thank you for reading my words on the good and bad days.

Kelley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Narcissistic Entitlement

Your sense of entitlement has you confused,

Reaping rewards off of relationships you’ve selfishly abused.

There are no guarantees just because he’s your son.

When responsibility and love are needed you don’t run.

No not you ~ you just disappear,

Expecting to access parental benefits with no shame or fear.

Nothing is promised, we know this to be true

Even when it comes to your children and their love for you.

There are no rights, agreements, or mandates that make a man a genuine dad;

Your disgusting narcissism is tragic and sad.

The symptoms seem to worsen year after year.

Is it pain, ignorance, carelessness, I am unclear?

So continue to blame me if that works for your plan.

My only concern is a raising a strong, happy, healthy, independent man.

No comments:

Post a Comment