
I love the seasons....all four of them. Again, I miss so many things about California, but I didn't really have all four seasons there (which wasn't all bad, you just miss certain stages of mother nature that are beautiful in their own right).
As we shift into summer, I am upholding a tradition of sorts. Elijah started swim lessons today. Elijah's first swim lessons were in California when he was less than a year old (we moved there when he was eight months). Ever since then, swim lessons "a must" for my water baby.
You see, Elijah is destined for the water. I can't give you any facts to explain my beliefs other than he was conceived in the tropics; he has lived in the pool every summer out of necessity and desire; he has an innate love, appreciation, and respect for the ocean; and you'd have thought he was born and raised in a fishing village the way this kid can eat fish, specifically shashimi and sushi.
My master plan is to ensure Elijah has the respect, understanding, skills, and techniques to master the pool, the lake, the ocean, or any other body of water he is drawn to in his life time. More importantly, if he is not having fun, then it doesn't matter. I want Elijah to do it for himself, not me, or anyone else (because there is a remote chance I am wrong and he is not destined for the water in some way). So, if he wants the learning experience, I want to help make it possible.
Today, Elijah had fun in his "Minnow" swimming class with Ms. Jacqueline...yeah for him!
No comments:
Post a Comment