Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ordered Chaos Has Returned

June's weather is turning out to be a potpourri or things such as thunderstorms, gentle rain showers, multiple tornadoes, 80 degrees of vitamin-D sunshine days, and cool evenings with a lightening show in far off distance.

...kinda like my life! Tomorrow I am thrilled to start a new chapter in my career. Inevitably, the 'thunder' of it all vibrates through my personal life as well (I think that is normal, whatever "normal" really means).

Since Thursday, I have been interviewing part-time nannies, the regular day-to-day stuff, spending extra time with Mr. E, getting our clothes and necessities ready for "the big day," socializing and celebrating with friends and family, preparing for a reunion next week, helping a few friends out with some documentation-related stuff, and playing a few addictive games on FaceBook.

Tomorrow is my "first day of school" after my sabbatical. In preparation, the last few days have moments of peace and beauty but the weather is changing. I suspect everything is aligning for a potential tornado warning in Martin Manor. I believe I am prepared with all the important gear and necessary precautions. Whatever blows my way...bring it! I am a strong woman with a fabulous foundation to help me and my little guy stay grounded and dry through whatever the universe may bring our way ~ hallelujah!

- As always, thanks for checking in and reading our "Odds and Ends."

Kelley

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kelley, you are writing huh? I love it. I just read through like all of them and I am so happy for you. You have a great perspective that really helped me out. Love you. I am so sad b/c I am not at the reunion. I cannot stop crying. I knew last week, despite my deep desires to go, it wasn't possible. But I didn't expect that it would be so hard. I cannot stop crying. Don't know why but can't. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete