Blogging....hhhhmmmm....?! A dear friend of mine has been encouraging me to express myself in different ways over the past few months. For whatever reasons, this friend's encouragement struck a chord with me this weekend.
Generally speaking, I am a private person. One-on-one, several people know me - I mean truly know me; however you can count them on one hand. So, I have not pre-determined what this blog will or won't be, but expect it will include the latest and greatest adventures of my bambino along with other "odds and ends on any given day."
Today is Easter 2009...when I think of Easter, I think of growth, re-birth, blossoming, beginning, the future... spiritually and every facet of life. For my first blog, I am simply sharing a poem I once wrote at the "beginning" of love....aw what a wonderful place....a place that only happens once with that individual and yourself. It is a place that you evolve from, but don’t go back to.
I am choosing a poem because it feels "safe." Safe because it is something I have already written; safe because the person who inspired it is part of my past; safe because I know my dear friend who inspired this blog also enjoys poetry.
Who knows what this current season will bring, but I am up for the ride. And, who knows what I will blog as I "grow" through this season and beyond. Thanks for reading.
Kel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You Make Me
You make love to my mind.
Each conversation opens a door leading to emotional foreplay in a house with many undiscovered rooms.
You make me feel like a piece of priceless art.
Through your lens, you knowingly or unknowingly see my genuine heart, soul, subtle fears, and a hidden desire in shades and colors no else has seen.
You make me feel vulnerable, beautiful, comfortable, and appreciated.
You remind me that I am a woman – a woman worthy of unconditional love.
You make my body crave your touch.
I wait for the next opportunity to taste your lips; for you to caress my hand, stroke my hair, or rub my thigh with bated breath and anticipation.
You make me want to count the beats of your heart as I lay in your arms.
Each breath and heartbeat guarantees another minute, day, and eternity of emotional, physical, spiritual satisfaction - together.
You make me want a future that includes a lifetime partner.
Each note, laugh, smile, discussion, hope, and dream makes me yearn for more- until the end of time.
You make me want to be in your future.
Thoughts and memories of me in your head, desires and realities of me in your bed, your life, by your side - what would that mean?
You make me feel like I have never truly loved before.
The level of attraction is multi-faceted and rewarding - on no level I have ever experienced.
You make me wonder if you are God-sent.
There are billions of people on this earth, in this country; and yet, in two weeks, one man has touched my mind, body, and heart in ways that many people may never experience in a lifetime.
You make me want more.
Insatiable thoughts and emotions overwhelm me at the thought of you…I want to learn, explore, grow, and evolve with you – all of you; the complete you.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow Kelley. It is hard to pick a favorite piece or line but this is my fav...
ReplyDeleteThoughts and memories of me in your head, desires and realities of me in your bed, your life, by your side - what would that mean?
Wow. Like we agreed earlier writing is such a powerful connector.
Thank you so much for taking a risk and sharing. I am so proud of you.
Wow, I see why that dear friend would encourage you to express yourself and share with others! I'm hooked and look forward to the next!
ReplyDeleteLL & Big Al - thanks for the comments. Something tells me there is some mutual admiration going on....I appreciate encouragement and support. Thank goodness for old and new friends. Peace.
ReplyDelete