Monday, July 26, 2010

And I Rise

For several months now, I have started every work week with key words or phrases that are meaningful to me. The words or phrases were meant to help me focus and get through the day or the week and operate in such a manner regardless of what was going on around me.

A few weeks into my process, I had a team member who was "going through." As such, I shared my words with my team. And it turns out, it helped more than me some days. In fact, I have a few other colleagues who will ask me on a Monday or a Tuesday, "what's the word this week?"

The truth is this weekend was really rough on me and I hadn't put much thought into preparing physically or emotionally for Monday morning at work. As I was parking my car this morning, a text came through. It read:

John Michael Montgomery told me this morning, "life is a dance we learn as we go...sometimes we lead, sometimes we follow. Don't worry about what you don't know. Life's a dance, we learn as we go." Made me think of your metaphors. Happy Monday.

It was a reminder that the littlest of gestures can have a memorable impact on people. As my day progressed, the phrase for the remainder of this week is - Phoenix Rising!

Peace and Love.

2 comments:

  1. I like this one, might even have to reference you and share this on Facebook.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Is it about time to post again?

    ReplyDelete