Tuesday, July 13, 2010

As Time Passes

But what minutes! Count them by sensation, and not by calendars, and each moment is a day. ~Benjamin Disraeli

I opened the blog today, immediately saddened that I have not captured any moments since May 21st. So many things have happened in the last eight or so weeks:

  • Pre-school ended for Elijah, setting the stage for him start kindergarten this Fall;
  • Summer camp's session one started and ended;
  • We took a trip to DC to explore and assess the possibilities of moving there;
  • Memorial Day weekend was good;
  • Elijah lost his second tooth;
  • Fathers' Day came and went;
  • I had a trip to Northern Virginia/MD/DC;
  • My landlord announced unexpectedly he needed me to move out (so he could move in);
  • Fourth of July celebrations were fabulous this year (highly recommend the Civic Center and CSO show if you're ever in Denver for the Fourth);
  • Bill visited for his big milestone birthday (love any and all WJP time I can get);
  • A group of grade school/middle school friends met to celebrate the multiple people turning 40;
  • Bill publicly professed nuptial intents in front of our former class mates with an amazing ring; AND
  • I have finalized things emotionally and physically to initiate a move for me and my little guy to the East Coast.

These are a few of the moments, memories, and experiences I have had with loved ones in eight short weeks. Today, I am not feeling competent as I am not able to capture the emotion of it all (the angst, the laughter, the love, the pain, the stress, the joy, the satisfaction, the appreciation, and so much more)! All this, while day-to-day living has continued... as time passes.

Peace and Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment