On a very broad note, I think the days of mailing Christmas cards is short-lived. I think mailing packages using the Unites States Postal Service is also short-lived. Will TV as we know it be obsolete, replaced by computer screens and the Internet?
On a more personal note, as a mother who loves to see the excitement and wonder in her young son's eyes, I hope I have a few more years he believes in Santa Claus. I know with each passing year, my son's wants, experiences, and memories will grow and evolve just as he naturally is/does. Some things I could probably predict; others are beyond my imagination(for the good, bad, and indifferent).
Every year brings something new; something memorable; leaves it own memorable marks (and sometimes scars). Reflection of months and years gone by more easily highlight that time is truly precious. You can't put a value on time. Time is priceless. I think of Elijah's Christmas a two, at three, and today... very different experiences and memories as time, experiences, growth, etc. can't help but make all of those Christmases uniquely different from one another.
What kind of toys will be marketed for Christmas next decade? Will the word "Christmas" be banned on a new level (i.e. the transition to the Winter Festival, Holiday Party, Winter Break, etc over the past ten plus years)? Will telephone lines be "tied up" or busy on Christmas day? Who knows?
I do know this is the last Christmas of the first decade in the 21st Century. I do know that I am open to all that 2010 may bring. I do know that I am thankful to have my Grandfather and my parents here to share the holiday with me and Elijah.
Merry Christmas 2009!
Love and Peace~
No comments:
Post a Comment