Saturday, October 24, 2009

Tonight is One Of "Those Nights"

It is Saturday night and life is good. Life is so good that I really have no business complaining about much...except...yes, I said, "except!" I miss him!

In fact I am even a little emotional about it and teary-eyed...just a big baby quite honestly. So, as usual, to help me cope, I put words on paper to help process my emotions. I am not apologizing for my feelings - just passively acknowledging them in my blog. And, I am even pouting a bit...sad but true.

Happy Weekend to all that read my odds ends on any given day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’d rather feel the loving gaze of your eyes
Than hear your tender voice where the "visuals" can be disguised.

I’d rather sit with you in the quiet of silence
Than have the physical distance - no matter the pretense.

I’d rather be unfiltered and raw in your presence
Than polished and refined, yet still a mess.

I miss you.

I’d rather see you laugh and smile
Instead of hearing your laughter across the telephone miles.

I’d rather look at the stars and moon with you next to me
Instead of wondering wherever you are, do you see exactly what I see?

I’d rather tell you how my day was while feeling your touch
Instead of missing you so damn much.

I don’t slow down, but keep my waking hours occupied
Instead of crying, my tears are denied.

It doesn’t matter that I am strong and can survive this
There is a void that still exists.

I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment