Tuesday, August 18, 2009

One Month

Last month, something, or should I say someone, happened to me. Four weeks ago, July 18th, I saw someone I had not seen in (literally) decades...and I have not been the same. Immediately, from the very start, every interaction and emotion was different. At 38, you'd think I would have felt this way at some time in my life. It is not as if I have never felt strongly for someone, or even loved them. But, it is true, I have never felt this way.

I am always mindful of cliche but true sayings such as: life is what you make it; nothing in life is guaranteed; live in the now; life is what you make it; etc. All those things being said, if I only felt this way for a month in my life...no more...I'd take it. I'd rather have experienced this subtle yet intense passion and hope for a month, than to have only wondered about the reality of all the poems, songs, and romance stories told through the ages. I have lived on adrenaline, endorphins, bewilderment, hope, and love the past four weeks - and enjoyed every minute of it. I appreciate what I have had thus far.


Just for Me


“Can I keep you?” I want to know…
Every single interaction makes me glow.
From the inside out, I don’t question this.
I know what and who you are is what I’ve missed.
I think you were made just for me -
Special ordered, my dream, my fantasy.
Reading your words, listening to your voice,
I am reminded I always have a choice.
I choose you; I choose “us” right now.
I want forever and wedding vows.
I want to be with you completely.
Random uncertainty does not scare me.
I’d fear the notion of not trying “us,”
Being with you is a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment