Take Heed to Love
I err on the side of telling you “I love you,” every chance I get;
Not because I don’t think you know, or you’ll forget.
I do it because nothing in life is promised or guaranteed.
I want you to know I don’t take you for granted; I take heed.
The repetitive phrase is not said to desensitize
Rather, to be abundantly clear and crystallize.
With so many miles between us each day
How sweet, simple, and easy to say…
Simplicity is due to the pure state of heart
Loving you is actionable, near or apart.
Yes, actions may speak louder than words
I give flight to my words like a flock of migrating birds –
Soaring, floating, with no boundaries to confine
Only distance and miles, waiting for a sign.
The natural signal that we fly in one unified direction together
Because we are gracefully in sync all seasons, all weather.
I love you when there are blue skies and sun;
And when there are no budding flowers and blue skies are none;
When the skies are so gray, no shadows, the clouds filter and hide all;
When the temperature is bitterly cold, life is barren after the harvest of Fall.
No matter the circumstance or the season,
When I tell you "I love you” there is a mindful reason…
I err on the side of telling you “I love you,” every chance I get;
Not because I don’t think you know, or you’ll forget.
I do it because nothing in life is promised or guaranteed.
I want you to know I don’t take you for granted; I take heed.
No comments:
Post a Comment